St Jean sur Richelieu Half

Back to the index

Usually in April I run the Montreal half marathon in the Parc des Îles, but this year I wanted to do something different, I chose the half marathon in St. Jean sur Richelieu.

My wife took me there on the morning of the race and went to visit a friend who lives in that city.

It was a bit on the cold side, but it was sunny, which was good. We could pick up our bibs on the same day, so we didn't have to arrive in the city the previous day as is usually the case with these events.

Here I am, half an hour before the race:

We started the race at 8h32, we were a small crowd, seven hundred people took part in the half.

The event also had a 5K and a 10K race.

It had rained the days prior to the race, so there were puddles of water on the course.

I had gone to the washroom before the start of the race, but I guess that because the day was cold, I felt the need to go again, so at km 2 I had to stop and go into a port-a-potty. I hate to waste time like this in a race shorter than a marathon, but I really needed to...

The km I did after that was my fastest of the race, I did it in less than five minutes, the only km that I could go under five minutes.

I had to stop to walk quite a few times, nine in total according to my Garmin. I don't understand, in training I can go 25K without the need to walk, but on race day something like this happens. Not funny!

In the last seven kilometers I was suffering like I do at the end of the marathon. Everything hurt, each step was hell.

I did the first half in 55 minutes, which is great for me but the second half took me a bit over an hour, so in the end I crossed the finish line in 1h57m12s. Not bad, but I was really hoping for under 1h50m...


Back to the index

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Index

Jeux FADOQ 2015: 5 km

Athens in 2023