Jeux FADOQ Montreal 2023: marche

Back to the index

Last year the organizers of the FADOQ Games in Montreal messed up a lot of things on the rapid walk event, so this year I was hopeful that the problems would have been ironed out, specially because this time they paired up with the Laval region.

The event happened in the Park Bernard Landry, in the south of Laval. I went there cycling, it was quite a long journey.

Even though there were two regions competing, the number of ahtletes was quite small, we were a dozen or so.

There were three events: 1K, 3K, 5K. The 5K went first, there were only three people on that group. I was in the 3K, with another four walkers. I left the others behind quite early and was alone all of the time.

When I crossed the finish line they told me I was done, but I showed them that according to my Garmin I had only done 1.5K. After some discussion with the organizers, they told me to do another lap.

They had not measured the distance that the athletes were supposed to cover? How can they not do that? That is the most basic thing in a race, they course must be measured before the athletes get on it. Unbelievable!

Anyway, I finished my 3K in 20m12s according to my Garmin, but 21m according to the official time.

Later on I saw that they had also messed up the 5K measurement. What a nightmare!

Back to the index

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Index

Jeux FADOQ 2015: 5 km

Athens in 2023