Tour de l'Horloge 2023

Back to the index

As my first race of the year I decided to do a 5K rapid walk as part of the Tour de l'Horloge de Montréal. 

Here am I getting ready to leave the house on Sunday morning for the race:



The race happens in the area around the watchtower of the old port of Montreal.

There are many events happening on the same day. When I arrived, the people doing the 8K march or run were already competing. I had to wait for half an hour or so for my event.

I participated in the 5K march. The problem is that the 5K run happens at the same time and quite a few of the 5K runners were slower than the fastest walkers, so the race was a bit chaotic to navigate.

Well, even the start was confusing. The marchers were supposed to start two minutes after the runners, but there were so many runners that we ended up not having our separate start, it was one big mess.

Some of the places we went through were narrow, there were places where we were going on single file, it was impossible to overtake.

For most of the race I was neck and neck with this gentleman with the light green shirt:



But on the last 500m he took off and beat me by fifteen seconds. As there was one other gentleman that was faster than us both, I finished third in the competion. With a time of 34m54s.

Here am I on the podium:



And here is the medal on close-up:



After the medal presentation I enjoyed the meal they provided:



The chilli was surprisingly good.


Back to the index

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Index

Jeux FADOQ 2015: 5 km

Athens in 2023