Montreal Half 2023

Back to the index

Here I am on Saturday morning, ready to leave the house to go to the race:



I have run the Montreal Half four times in the past, one of them (2019) was my PB, I finished that one in 1h52m09s.

So, today my plan was to try and stay close to the 1h50 pacer. I was able to do that only up to km 7, then I had to stop to walk a bit and I never saw them again.

My plan after that was not to allow the 2h pacer to pass me. I was doing ok most of the time, but on the final K, already with the finish line on sight, I turned and saw that pacer just behind me. I thought to myself: "You're not going to pass me, no way José!" and I did a final sprint that took me over the finish line in 1h58m53s. Not great, but a sub-2 is a sub-2.

And here am I chilling with my medal:




The post race meal was rather Spartan:



Here is the medal, front and back:


On the back we can see the iTab with my time.


 
Back to the index

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Index

Jeux FADOQ 2015: 5 km

Athens in 2023